Welcome to Social Media for Wellness Pros! If you’re a health and wellness professional – health or life coach, personal trainer, massage therapist, yoga instructor, etc. – this site’s for you. Or perhaps you’re not one today, but you’re studying to be one. Glad you’re here!
In my experience working with wellness pros from across the U.S. (and many from outside the country), I know they’re searching for information on how best to use social media to market their practices. Most say they’re comfortable using social media personally, but using it for business is another story. They’re often confused because of how quickly the rules change online, and it’s hard for them to keep up with everything while having a business to run or start. They’ve asked for advice, and this blog is one of the ways I can help. Another way I lend a hand is by spending lots of time over in two private Facebook groups. (See my contact page.)
dozens hundreds of great resources online to help people learn about social media. I subscribe to many social media marketing blogs, podcasts and newsletters and regularly take training because I love the topic – and I want to stay current. I’d encourage you to grow your knowledge, too. The “mass” information is very general, so I won’t be repeating much of it on this site. What I will do is put some context around the big, wide world of social media, so that you can better understand online marketing opportunities for health and wellness pros. Your business is unique in that you’re helping people lead healthier, happier lives. So your approach to social media should be unique, too.
Through this blog, I can help you:
- choose the social networks that fit your personal style and hit your target audience
- develop and execute a solid social media marketing strategy
- drive social network traffic back to your blog and website
- use tools to simplify and streamline your online marketing efforts
- measure your online efforts and adjust your approach, when needed
- not let your time pinning, tweeting and sharing dominate your life
- use creativity to stand out from the crowd and grow your business’ brand
- identify leads and clients that come from social media marketing
- keep up to date on the ever-changing social networks
- have some fun while connecting with me, our peers and your clients and future clients!
I hope you benefit from the information on the blog and share your thoughts on what you want to see more (or less) of. Thanks!