Way back in the early days of this blog (umm … that was only two months ago, Melanie), I wrote Turn one blog post into 21 shares, posts and tweets and gave advice on how to get more mileage from a blog post.
After I published my most recent post, Photography Tips From Healthy-Living Blogger Marly McMillen Beelman, I started thinking about the “21” post and challenged myself to take my own advice. Here’s how I took the photo tips post and boosted its exposure:
- Sent it via the RSS feed to anyone who subscribes to my blog.
- Emailed it to my blog subscribers using MailChimp.
- Tweeted it once using the #phototips hashtag (I’m @meldeardorff if you want to follow me).
- Tweeted it later using #vegan.
- Emailed it to several family members (they’re not likely to share it, but Marly’s a cousin and I thought they’d want to read it).
- Shared an image from the post on Instagram, added a link in the comments section (along with #vegan, #foodblogger and #phototips) and tagged @namelymarly.
- Pinned it to my Twitter profile using the cool, new feature that lets you highlight a tweet.
- Shared it on Facebook in Sprouted Content’s April blog challenge (sure was fun to be involved in that month-long event).
- Emailed it to Marly to see if she would include it in her next NamelyMarly.com newsletter.
- Shared it in my Health and Wellness Bloggers Facebook group on The Thursday Thread (we give members an opportunity to share links to their posts each Thursday through Sunday).
- Posted it in Social Media for Health Coaches, another Facebook group I moderate.
- Shared it in the Facebook group for Kansas City health coaches from IIN.
- Pinned it to my Social Media for Wellness Pros blog board on Pinterest.
- Posted it in my health coach mastermind group and asked my friends to consider sharing it …
- … and they did because blogger and health coach Lou Ann Donovan shared it on Google+, Twitter and Pinterest
- … health coach Jennifer Tremblay tweeted it for me
- … integrative wellness practitioner, Dina Weiss, shared it on Facebook
- … so did fellow IIN grad, Kim Sargent
- … as did Betz McKeown, of Your Radiant Life (thanks so much, friends!)
- Shared it today on Google+ (my first time posting there) and – ack! – I did it wrong because it was a private post that only Marly would see. Thankfully, a quick YouTube search revealed the fix (thank you, anonymous person) and I was able to make it public.
- Shared it on Twitter again today, because it’s been awhile since I tweeted about it.
Well, there you have it. I took my own advice, boosted the exposure for my post, and it was fun and didn’t take all that long. (It’s now my second most-visited blog post after this one. Cool!) I hope I inspired you to get more mileage from your blog posts.
What tricks and tips can you share for boosting awareness of your blog posts? Let me know in the comment section.